Definitions of indication:
- noun: something (as a course of action) that is indicated as expedient or necessary
Example: "There were indications that it was time to leave"
- noun: something that serves to indicate or suggest
Example: "An indication of foul play"
- noun: (medicine) a reason to prescribe a drug or perform a procedure
Example: "The presence of bacterial infection was an indication for the use of antibiotics"
- noun: the act of indicating or pointing out by name
- noun: a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
Example: "The barometer gave clear indications of an approaching storm"
Search for indication at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse