Definitions of inferior:
- noun: one of lesser rank or station or quality
- noun: a character or symbol set or printed or written beneath or slightly below and to the side of another character
- adjective: of or characteristic of low rank or importance
- adjective: of low or inferior quality
- adjective: having an orbit between the sun and the Earth's orbit
Example: "Mercury and Venus are inferior planets"
- adjective: lower than a given reference point
Example: "Inferior alveolar artery"
- adjective: inferior in rank or status
- adjective: falling short of some prescribed norm
- adjective: written or printed below and to one side of another character
Search for inferior at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse