Definitions of infernal:
- noun: an inhabitant of hell
Example: "His roar made the infernals quake"
- adjective: being of a lower world of the dead
Example: "Infernal regions"
- adjective: characteristic of or resembling hell
Example: "Infernal heat and noise"
- adjective: relating to or inhabiting hell
Example: "His infernal majesty"
- adjective: expletives used informally as intensifiers
Example: "An infernal nuisance"
- adjective: extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell
Example: "Infernal instruments of war"
Search for infernal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse