Definitions of influence:
- noun: causing something without any direct or apparent effort
- noun: a power to affect persons or events especially power based on prestige etc
Example: "Used her parents' influence to get the job"
- noun: a cognitive factor that tends to have an effect on what you do
Example: "Her wishes had a great influence on his thinking"
- noun: one having power to influence another
Example: "She was the most important influence in my life"
- noun: the effect of one thing (or person) on another
Example: "The influence of mechanical action"
- verb: have and exert influence or effect
Example: "The artist's work influenced the young painter"
- verb: induce into action by using one's charm
- verb: shape or influence; give direction to
Search for influence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia