Definitions of institution:
- noun: an establishment consisting of a building or complex of buildings where an organization for the promotion of some cause is situated
- noun: a custom that for a long time has been an important feature of some group or society
Example: "The institution of marriage"
- noun: an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- noun: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
- noun: a hospital for mentally incompetent or unbalanced person
Search for institution at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse