Definitions of invite:
- noun: a colloquial expression for invitation
Example: "He didn't get an invite to the party"
- verb: invite someone to one's house
Example: "Can I invite you for dinner on Sunday night?"
- verb: have as a guest
Example: "I invited them to a restaurant"
- verb: ask someone in a friendly way to do something
- verb: request the participation or presence of
Example: "The organizers invite submissions of papers for the conference"
- verb: ask to enter
Example: "We invited the neighbors in for a cup of coffee"
- verb: increase the likelihood of
Example: "Invite criticism"
- verb: give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting
- verb: express willingness to have in one's home or environs
Search for invite at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia