Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of irregular:
- noun: merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
- noun: a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
- adjective: contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice
Example: "Irregular hiring practices"
- adjective: (of solids) not having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume must be determined with the principle of liquid displacement
- adjective: used of the military; not belonging to or engaged in by regular army forces
Example: "Irregular troops"
- adjective: not occurring at expected times
- adjective: independent in behavior or thought
Example: "She led a somewhat irregular private life"
- adjective: of a surface; not level or flat
Example: "Walking was difficult on the irregular cobblestoned surface"
- adjective: lacking continuity or regularity
Example: "An irregular worker"
- adjective: deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange
Example: "Highly irregular behavior"
- adjective: used of independent armed resistance forces
Search for irregular at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse