Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of isolation:
- noun: the act of isolating something; setting something apart from others
- noun: a country's withdrawal from internal politics
Example: "He opposed a policy of American isolation"
- noun: a feeling of being disliked and alone
- noun: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism in which memory of an unacceptable act or impulse is separated from the emotion originally associated with it
- noun: a state of separation between persons or groups
- noun: preference for seclusion or isolation
Search for isolation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...