Definitions of jam:
- noun: preserve of crushed fruit
- noun: a dense crowd of people
- noun: deliberate radiation or reflection of electromagnetic energy for the purpose of disrupting enemy use of electronic devices or systems
- noun: informal terms for a difficult situation
- verb: interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
Example: "Jam the Voice of America"
- verb: crush or bruise
Example: "Jam a toe"
- verb: crowd or pack to capacity
Example: "The theater was jampacked"
- verb: get stuck and immobilized
Example: "The mechanism jammed"
- verb: push down forcibly
Example: "The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor"
- verb: press tightly together or cram
- verb: block passage through
Search for jam at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse