Definitions of jerk:
- noun: an abrupt spasmodic movement
- noun: a dull stupid fatuous person
- noun: (mechanics) the rate of change of velocity
- noun: a sudden abrupt pull
- verb: throw or toss with a quick motion
Example: "Jerk his head"
- verb: move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions
Example: "The patient's legs were jerkings"
- verb: make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion
- verb: pull, or move with a sudden movement
Example: "He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
- verb: jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
Search for jerk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse