Definitions of joke:
- noun: a triviality not to be taken seriously
Example: "I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
- noun: a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter
Example: "He told a very funny joke"
- noun: a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
- noun: activity characterized by good humor
- verb: tell a joke; speak humorously
Example: "He often jokes even when he appears serious"
- verb: act in a funny or teasing way
Search for joke at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse