Definitions of keen:
- noun: a funeral lament sung with loud wailing
- verb: express grief verbally
- adjective: having a sharp cutting edge or point
Example: "A keen blade"
- adjective: very penetrating and clear and sharp in operation
Example: "A keen intelligence"
- adjective: intense or sharp
- adjective: as physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
Example: "Keen winds"
- adjective: having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
- adjective: very good
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1624)
Search for keen at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse