Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of kill:
- noun: the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile
Example: "The pilot reported two kills during the mission"
- noun: the act of terminating a life
- verb: be the source of great pain for
Example: "These new shoes are killing me!"
- verb: thwart the passage of
Example: "Kill a motion"
- verb: be fatal
Example: "Cigarettes kill"
- verb: destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
Example: "Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
- verb: cause to cease operating
Example: "Kill the engine"
- verb: tire out completely
Example: "The daily stress of her work is killing her"
- verb: mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
Example: "Kill these lines in the President's speech"
- verb: cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
Example: "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"
- verb: cause the death of, without intention
Example: "She was killed in the collision of three cars"
- verb: deprive of life
Example: "AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
- verb: hit with great force
Example: "He killed the ball"
- verb: hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
Example: "She killed the ball"
- verb: overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
Example: "The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
- verb: end or extinguish by forceful means
- verb: drink down entirely
Example: "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30172)
Search for kill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse