Synonyms / Related
Definitions of label:
- noun: trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
Example: "The artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- noun: a brief description given for purposes of identification
Example: "The label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- noun: an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- noun: a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- verb: distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
- verb: distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- verb: assign a label to; designate with a label
Example: "These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
- verb: pronounce judgment on
Example: "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- verb: attach a tag or label to
Example: "Label these bottles"
Search for label at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...