Definitions of lag:
- noun: the act of slowing down or falling behind
- noun: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
- noun: the time between one event, process, or period and another
- verb: cover with lagging to prevent heat loss
Example: "Lag pipes"
- verb: throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
- verb: hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
- verb: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
Search for lag at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse