Definitions of large:
- noun: a garment size for a large person
- adjective: above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent
Example: "A large city"
- adjective: fairly large or important in effect; influential
Example: "Played a large role in the negotiations"
- adjective: having broad power and range and scope
Example: "Taking the large view"
- adjective: conspicuous in position or importance
Example: "He's very large in financial circles"
- adjective: generous and understanding and tolerant
Example: "A large and generous spirit"
- adjective: large enough to be visible to the naked eye
- adjective: ostentatiously lofty in style
Example: "A man given to large talk"
- adverb: with the wind abaft the beam
Example: "A ship sailing large"
- adverb: at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
- adverb: in a boastful manner
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3444)
Search for large at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse