Definitions of lather:
- noun: the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
- noun: a workman who puts up laths
- noun: the froth produced by soaps or detergents
- noun: agitation resulting from active worry
- verb: form a lather
Example: "The shaving cream lathered"
- verb: cover with soap
Example: "Lather your body when you shower"
- verb: rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning
- verb: beat severely with a whip or rod
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #82247)
Search for lather at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse