Definitions of Latin:
- noun: any dialect of the language of ancient Rome
- noun: a person who is a member of those peoples whose languages derived from Latin
- noun: an inhabitant of ancient Latium
- adjective: of or relating to the ancient Latins or the Latin language
Example: "Latin verb conjugations"
- adjective: of or relating to the ancient region of Latium
Example: "Latin towns"
- adjective: relating to people or countries speaking Romance languages
Example: "Latin America"
- adjective: having or resembling the psychology or temper characteristic of people of Latin America
Example: "Very Latin in temperament"
- adjective: relating to languages derived from Latin
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #31651)
Search for Latin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse