Definitions of lax:
- adjective: not taut or rigid; not stretched or held tight
Example: "A lax rope"
- adjective: pronounced with muscles relatively relaxed (e.g., the vowel sound in `bet')
- adjective: emptying easily or excessively
- adjective: lacking in rigor or strictness
Example: "Such lax and slipshod ways are no longer acceptable"
- adjective: tolerant or lenient
Example: "Procedures are lax and discipline is weak"
- adjective: lacking in strength or firmness or resilience
Example: "Took his lax hand in hers"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11506)
Search for lax at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse