Definitions of legitimate:
- verb: make (an illegitimate child) legitimate; declare the legitimacy of (someone)
- verb: show or affirm to be just and legitimate
- verb: make legal
- adjective: of marriages and offspring; recognized as lawful
- adjective: in accordance with recognized or accepted standards or principles
Example: "Legitimate advertising practices"
- adjective: in accordance with reason or logic
- adjective: authorized, sanctioned by, or in accordance with law
Example: "A legitimate government"
Search for legitimate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse