Definitions of letter:
- noun: a written message addressed to a person or organization
Example: "Mailed an indignant letter to the editor"
- noun: an award earned by participation in a school sport
Example: "He won letters in three sports"
- noun: the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
Example: "His grandmother taught him his letters"
- noun: a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention)
Example: "He followed instructions to the letter"
- noun: owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire
- verb: win an athletic letter
- verb: mark letters on or mark with letters
- verb: set down or print with letters
Search for letter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse