Definitions of leverage:
- noun: investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
- noun: strategic advantage; power to act effectively
Example: "Relatively small groups can sometimes exert immense political leverage"
- noun: the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- verb: provide with leverage
Example: "We need to leverage this company"
- verb: supplement with leverage
Example: "Leverage the money that is already available"
Search for leverage at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia