Definitions of liberal:
- noun: a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- noun: a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
- adjective: having political or social views favoring reform and progress
- adjective: tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
- adjective: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness
Example: "A liberal newspaper"
- adjective: not literal
- adjective: given or giving freely
Example: "A liberal backer of the arts"
Search for liberal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse