Definitions of license:
- noun: the act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization
- noun: a legal document giving official permission to do something
- noun: freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech)
- noun: excessive freedom; lack of due restraint
Example: "When liberty becomes license dictatorship is near- Will Durant"
- verb: authorize officially
Example: "I am licensed to practice law in this state"
Search for license at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse