Definitions of lightly:
- adverb: with indifference or without dejection
Example: "He took it lightly"
- adverb: indulging with temperance
Example: "We eat lightly in the morning"
- adverb: to a slight degree
Example: "Her speech is only lightly accented"
- adverb: with little weight or force
Example: "She kissed him lightly on the forehead"
- adverb: with few burdens
- adverb: without good reason
Example: "One cannot say such things lightly"
- adverb: in a small quantity or extent
Example: "Apply paint lightly"
Search for lightly at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse