Definitions of limit:
- noun: the greatest possible degree of something
Example: "To the limit of his ability"
- noun: the boundary of a specific area
- noun: as far as something can go
- noun: the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed
Example: "There are limits on the amount you can bet"
- noun: the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity
- noun: final or latest limiting point
- verb: restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- verb: place limits on (extent or access)
Example: "Limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- verb: decide upon or fix definitely
Search for limit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse