Definitions of little:
- noun: a small amount or duration
Example: "He accepted the little they gave him"
- adjective: (of a voice) faint
Example: "A little voice"
- adjective: lowercase
Example: "Little a"
- adjective: not fully grown
Example: "What a big little boy you are"
- adjective: small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context)
Example: "A nice little job"
- adjective: limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent
Example: "A little dining room"
- adjective: of short duration or distance
Example: "In a little while"
- adjective: (informal terms) small and of little importance
Example: "A little (or small) matter"
- adverb: not much
Example: "He talked little about his family"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2173 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #226)
Search for little at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse