Definitions of loan:
- noun: the temporary provision of money (usually at interest)
- noun: a word borrowed from another language; e.g. `blitz' is a German word borrowed into modern English
- verb: give temporarily; let have for a limited time
Example: "Loan me some money"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2483)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21433)
Search for loan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse