Definitions of local:
- noun: public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
Example: "The local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- noun: anesthetic that numbs a local area of the body
- adjective: affecting only a restricted part or area of the body
Example: "Local anesthesia"
- adjective: of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood
Example: "Local customs"
- adjective: relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area
Example: "Local taxes"
Search for local at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia