Definitions of loft:
- noun: floor consisting of open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage
- noun: a raised shelter in which pigeons are kept
- noun: floor consisting of a large unpartitioned space over a factory or warehouse or other commercial space
- verb: store in a loft
- verb: lay out a full-scale working drawing of the lines of a vessel's hull
- verb: kick or strike high in the air
Example: "Loft a ball"
- verb: propel through the air
Example: "The rocket lofted the space shuttle into the air"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37501)
Search for loft at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia