Definitions of machine:
- noun: any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
- noun: a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
- noun: a group that controls the activities of a political party
Example: "He was endorsed by the Democratic machine"
- noun: an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently
Example: "The war machine"
- noun: an efficient person
Example: "The boxer was a magnificent fighting machine"
- noun: 4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
- verb: make by machinery
- verb: turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
Search for machine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse