Definitions of make up:
- verb: make up work that was missed due to absence at a later point
Example: "I have to make up a French exam"
- verb: apply make-up or cosmetics to one's face to appear prettier
- verb: devise or compose
- verb: put in order or neaten
Example: "Make up a room"
- verb: do or give something to somebody in return
- verb: form or compose
- verb: come to terms
- verb: make up something artificial or untrue
Search for make up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse