Synonyms / Related
Definitions of margin:
- noun: the blank space that surrounds the text on a page
- noun: the amount of collateral a customer deposits with a broker when borrowing from the broker to buy securities
- noun: the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
- noun: a strip near the boundary of an object
Example: "He jotted a note on the margin of the page"
- noun: a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- noun: (finance) the net sales minus the cost of goods and services sold
Search for margin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...