Definitions of Marine:
- noun: a member of the United States Marine Corps
- adjective: of or relating to the sea
Example: "Marine explorations"
- adjective: of or relating to military personnel who serve both on land and at sea (specifically the U.S. Marine Corps)
Example: "Marine barracks"
- adjective: native to or inhabiting the sea
Example: "Marine plants and animals such as seaweed and whales"
- adjective: relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen
Example: "Marine insurance"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3622)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7958)
Search for Marine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse