Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Maya:
- noun: a family of American Indian languages spoken by Mayan peoples
- noun: an ethnic minority speaking Mayan languages and living in Yucatan and adjacent areas
- noun: a member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who had a culture (which reached its peak between AD 300 and 900) characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy
Example: "Mayans had a system of writing and an accurate calendar"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 16666 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1164)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5815)
Search for Maya at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...