Definitions of medicine:
- noun: the learned profession that is mastered by graduate training in a medical school and that is devoted to preventing or alleviating or curing diseases and injuries
Example: "He studied medicine at Harvard"
- noun: (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
- noun: the branches of medical science that deal with nonsurgical techniques
- noun: punishment for one's actions
Example: "Take your medicine"
- verb: treat medicinally, treat with medicine
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39902)
Search for medicine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse