Definitions of meet:
- noun: a meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
- verb: collect in one place
- verb: get together socially or for a specific purpose
- verb: satisfy or fulfill
Example: "Meet a need"
- verb: get to know; get acquainted with
- verb: satisfy a condition or restriction
Example: "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
- verb: experience as a reaction
- verb: contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
- verb: fill or meet a want or need
- verb: meet by design; be present at the arrival of
Example: "Can you meet me at the train station?"
- verb: come together
Example: "I'll probably see you at the meeting"
- verb: undergo or suffer
Example: "Meet a violent death"
- verb: be adjacent or come together
- verb: be in direct physical contact with; make contact
- adjective: being precisely fitting and right
Example: "It is only meet that she should be seated first"
Search for meet at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse