Definitions of memory:
- noun: an electronic memory device
Example: "A memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
- noun: the power of retaining and recalling past experience
Example: "He had a good memory when he was younger"
- noun: the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered
Example: "He can do it from memory"
- noun: something that is remembered
Example: "Search as he would, the memory was lost"
- noun: the area of cognitive psychology that studies memory processes
Example: "He taught a graduate course on learning and memory"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37375)
Search for memory at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse