Definitions of mercury:
- noun: temperature measured by a mercury thermometer
Example: "The mercury was falling rapidly"
- noun: the smallest planet and the nearest to the sun
- noun: (Roman mythology) messenger of Jupiter and god of commerce; counterpart of Greek Hermes
- noun: a heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element; the only metal that is liquid at ordinary temperatures
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #55488)
Search for mercury at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse