Definitions of mill:
- noun: machine that processes materials by grinding or crushing
- noun: English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
- noun: Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
- noun: the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- noun: a plant consisting of buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- verb: grind with a mill
Example: "Mill grain"
- verb: roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
- verb: produce a ridge around the edge of
Example: "Mill a coin"
- verb: move about in a confused manner
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16068)
Search for mill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse