Synonyms / Related
Definitions of miter:
- noun: a liturgical headdress worn by bishops on formal occasions
- noun: the surface of a beveled end of a piece where a miter joint is made
Example: "He covered the miter with glue before making the joint"
- noun: joint that forms a corner; usually both sides are bevelled at a 45-degree angle to form a 90-degree corner
- verb: confer a miter on (a bishop)
- verb: fit together in a miter joint
- verb: bevel the edges of, to make a miter joint
Search for miter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...