Definitions of mix:
- noun: the act of mixing together
Example: "Paste made by a mix of flour and water"
- noun: an event that combines things in a mixture
Example: "A gradual mixture of cultures"
- noun: a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients
- verb: as of electronic signals
Example: "Mixing sounds"
- verb: to bring or combine together or with something else
- verb: add as an additional element or part
Example: "Mix water into the drink"
- verb: open (a place) to members of all races and ethnic groups
- verb: mix together different elements
- verb: mix so as to make a random order or arrangement
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5901)
Search for mix at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse