Definitions of mode:
- noun: the most frequent value of a random variable
- noun: any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave
- noun: a particular functioning condition or arrangement
Example: "Switched from keyboard to voice mode"
- noun: how something is done or how it happens
Example: "Their nomadic mode of existence"
- noun: verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
- noun: a classification of propositions on the basis of whether they claim necessity or possibility or impossibility
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22794)
Search for mode at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse