Definitions of modulate:
- verb: vary the frequency, amplitude, phase, or other characteristic of (electromagnetic waves)
- verb: adjust the pitch, tone, or volume of
- verb: change the key of, in music
Example: "Modulate the melody"
- verb: fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of
Example: "Modulate the pitch"
- verb: of one's speech, varying the pitch
Search for modulate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse