Definitions of mold:
- noun: container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- noun: sculpture produced by molding
- noun: a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter
- noun: loose soil rich in organic matter
- noun: the process of becoming mildewed
- noun: the distinctive form in which a thing is made
- verb: fit tightly, follow the contours of
Example: "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- verb: become moldy; spoil due to humidity
Example: "The furniture molded in the old house"
- verb: form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold
- verb: form in clay, wax, etc
- verb: shape or influence; give direction to
Example: "Mold public opinion"
- verb: make something, usually for a specific function
Example: "She molded the riceballs carefully"
Search for mold at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse