Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of mother:
- noun: a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation
Example: "Necessity is the mother of invention"
- noun: a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)
Example: "The mother of three children"
- noun: a term of address for an elderly woman
- noun: a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
- verb: care for like a mother
- verb: make children
Search for mother at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...