Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of murmur:
- noun: a schwa that is incidental to the pronunciation of a consonant
- noun: a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- noun: a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
- noun: an abnormal sound of the heart; sometimes a sign of abnormal function of the heart valves
- verb: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
- verb: speak softly or indistinctly
Example: "She murmured softly to the baby in her arms"
Search for murmur at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...