Definitions of mushroom:
- noun: fleshy body of any of numerous edible fungi
- noun: a large cloud of rubble and dust shaped like a mushroom and rising into the sky after an explosion (especially of a nuclear bomb)
- noun: any of various fleshy fungi of the subdivision Basidiomycota consisting of a cap at the end of a stem arising from an underground mycelium
- noun: common name for an edible agaric (contrasting with the inedible toadstool)
- verb: grow and spread fast
Example: "The problem mushroomed"
- verb: pick or gather mushrooms
Example: "We went mushrooming in the Fall"
Search for mushroom at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse