Definitions of nap:
- noun: a short sleep (usually not in bed)
- noun: a soft or fuzzy surface texture
- noun: a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes
- noun: the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave
- noun: a period of time spent sleeping
Example: "There wasn't time for a nap"
- verb: take a siesta
Example: "She naps everyday after lunch for an hour"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69742)
Search for nap at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse