Definitions of nature:
- noun: the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person's characteristic actions and reactions
Example: "It is his nature to help others"
- noun: the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized
Example: "It is the nature of fire to burn"
- noun: a particular type of thing
Example: "He's interested in trains and things of that nature"
- noun: the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.
Example: "They tried to preserve nature as they found it"
- noun: a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe
Example: "The laws of nature"
Search for nature at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia